What I’d like to know is this:
How does a reckless boy, getting his plane shot down and being taken prisoner for five years, count as being tested? What about being a POW contributes to being a president? What about McCain has ‘been at the helm’? He’s been in politics for a long time…much of his success, like his military success, is due to family and friends…..well, and marrying money, of course.
But seriously…what about McCain is ‘a leader’? Really? Have you read his book? It’s disgusting. He’s an angry, nasty little man whose friends even say they’d hate to have him be the guy to answer that 3 am phone call. Ya know? I think the tone of his politicking says volumes about the man: small, nasty, so desperate to win (again) he will say anything?
Nope, not for me…I’d much rather the guy who pulled himself up by the bootstraps…refused to take a silver spoon (offered not because of where he came, but his own hard work and good grades (imagine that…a president with a GPA higher than a C!)) and instead gave back to his community. Really! Wow, a man who actually earned his own way?
I saw a thing the other day… here it is…it is so interesting, doncha think?
- What if the Obama’s had paraded five children across the stage, including a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?
- What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
- What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?
(...894th out of 899...)
- What if McCain had only married once and Obama was a divorcee?
- What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his standards?
- What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair while he was still married?
- What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to pain killers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?
- What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?
- What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)
- What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?
- What if Obama couldn’t read from a teleprompter?
- What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?
- What if Obama was the one who was known to display on many occasions, a serious anger management problem?
- What if Michelle Obama’s family had made their money from beer distribution?
- What if the Obama’s had adopted a white child?
You could easily add to this list. If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe the election numbers would be as close as they are?
This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities in another when there is a color difference.
Compare these educational backgrounds each of these four pursued:
* Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.
* Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna cum Laude
* University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
* Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)
* United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899
* Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
* North Idaho College - 2 semesters — general study
* University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
* Matanuska-Susitna College – semester
* University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A.
What does this say about our candidates?
And then there is ‘work experience’. Well, yanno…Obama doesn’t talk much about it (he’s too busy telling us HOW he’d bring change and WHAT his Policies are), but what about that Keating Five? What about the same ol’ same ol’ that’s going on up in Alaska? And just what are all those lobbyiests doing on McCain's staff?
I’m just plain ol’ overly tired of the ‘good ol’ boy politicking’…and ready for a REAL change! Google is your friend…well, where money hasn’t erased history. [sigh]…it happens, yanno.
I hope you join me in voting for Obama and Biden; together they make REAL leaders…Heads of State the whole world welcomes and would look up to…I’m ready for THAT change!
I also like that they're not bickering over who's in charge...but perhaps that should stay between you and me. Surely such in-fighting wouldn't affect leadership. Right?