Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Rosies Are Back!

Finally, I have some pictures of those rosy-butts! (albit them still not very good.) I just knew I was looking at Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches a few weeks ago, but I never got an even slightly decent picture of them.

As you might know, I’m trying to take pictures through a window which has bird-netting over it. I am sick to death of birds hitting my windows; even this netting isn’t 100% and while I said I’d not try to take more pictures this way, I had to put some of these up.

I may, or perhaps not, have learned the difference between the three little red birds I’ve discussed before and to be honest, I had begun to wonder if the pink-butts were a figment of my imagination; but NO! Viewing them through binoculars and looking at pictures Bill has on his site…I am watching Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches.

They have very pink undersides, but darker bibs and a definitely gray head; no red-heads here! LOL

Yippee, I’m learning…but I so need a spotting scope! Maybe I'll put a down-payment on one with that check I’m supposed to get from the George.

No comments: