Saturday, November 22, 2008

One last photo: Steller's Jay

I just had to share this beautiful bird with you. I found the photo on Colorado Birders, an informal, online community of folks who enjoy birding and sharing information and photos. It was taken by Klaus Girk...a self-taught photographer who's work you can see here.

I'm working on a woodpecker series, but also intend to continue the Corvid series with Magpies, Ravens and Crows...but first I have to count birds for a bit!
Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Bosque Bill said...

Oops!
Did the "http://" get left out?

The correct URL appears to be:
http://www.artintime.net/

Beverly said...

Thanks for catching that, Bill! Isn't that a lovely bird, though?

RuthieJ said...

What a gorgeous blue! My brother told me he sometimes sees the Steller's Jay in northern California too. I would love to see one someday.

Kitt said...

Very pretty! I think the jay I saw was all Sellar's, though it had more noticeable banding in the blue parts. I saw it my now-gone maple, the morning it came down. First time I'd seen a Stellar's in town. Kind of a bittersweet send-off for the tree.

Anonymous said...

I get the Stellars Jays all the time at my feeder. They are so much fun to watch. I put peanuts in the feeder tray and they will pick them up and drop them until they find the heaviest peanut. Really fun birds to watch.