Friday, November 13, 2009

Project Feeder Watch

It's that time again! I can't begin to tell you how fun I found it to play 'citizen scientist' for a few weeks. Not only did I learn a lot, it feels good helping scientists also discover more about our birds. The fact that they are mostly dwindling and moving north with the climate changes we're experiencing, I feel my participation is bound to help, in some small way. And it's fun, check this out:



Anyone can play…and I encourage folks to include children. The more kids find an interest in the natural world, the better off our future world will be. Anybody near here that needs help getting started, let me know; I’d be glad to help; teachers, newly retired folks, people who want to make a difference or folks who just want a new hobby!



I talked about Project FeederWatch last year too, you can find more information and what I had to say about it here. Of course, you can also get the information right from the horse's mouth: Project Overview, on Cornell's site. Here's another little clip:



Please remember...it's supposed to be FUN! While it's just to be two days a week, you can count birds for less than an hour one day and all day the next, you can skip a week, you can count from inside or out and YOU get to pick your counting area. How easy is that?!

No comments: